Water Treatment Plant Expansion
The most recent expansion of the Nicholasville Water Treatment Plant, completed in 2010, increases the capacity from six million gallons a day to nine million gallons per day.
This expansion also improves water quality and meets new, more stringent, EPA requirements.
Capacity improvements include:
- Addition of a new four million gallon per day raw water intake pump and safety and maintenance improvements to the pump platform.
- A two stage chemical mix facility.
- A new three million gallon per day train of conventional vertical flocculation and rectangular sedimentation basin.
- Five new filters to provide up to twelve million gallons per day of filtration capacity.
- Two new 300,000 gallon clearwells.
- Facility and office renovations.
Water Quality improvements include: